Camp Fee $320 per week.
Offered All 9 Weeks!
Prerequisite: 1 week of Basic Camp recommended
Using Lasers, Holders, Hobie Cats and Keelboats, blast your way through an Advanced Sailing Summer Camp. This program will cover areas in rigging, sail trim, boat handling, and racing. These skills will be archived on the water with a week of sailing drills, games, and races. At the end of the week an optional practical and written test will be given to all the students. Those interested who pass the exam will be eligible to rent sailboats from the Aquatic Center (parents must sign a release and are responsible for all equipment rented from the aquatic center).
Windsurfing is an option for students who are interested. A variety of sail sizes are available for all abilities.
2017 Session Dates
|Section||Days||Time||Start Date||End Date|
|Sailing Camp Week #1||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||June 12||June 16|
|Sailing Camp Week #2||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||June 19||June 23|
|Sailing Camp Week #3||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||June 26||June 30|
|Sailing Camp Week #4||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||July 10||July 14|
|Sailing Camp Week #5||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||July 17||July 21|
|Sailing Camp Week #6||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||July 24||July 28|
|Sailing Camp Week #7||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||July 31||August 4|
|Sailing Camp Week #8||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||August 7||August 11|
|Sailing Camp Week #9||Mon - Fri||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||August 14||August 18|
If you are registering for summer camp online, please download and print this camper packet. Your camper will need this for Monday morning check-in, and without it your camper will not be elligible to participate in activities. You can either mail the completed packet to the Sac State Aquatic Center, or bring it with you on the first day of camp: Monday Morning Check-In. (Camper Packet PDF)
If you are attending weeks 2, 4, 6, & 8 you can join us for the Thursday night camp out! Cost:$60.00 Meals and activities are included in this fee.
- It is recommended that parents drop off their children at the Aquatic Center at 8:00 AM. (Camp instruction begins at 8:30 AM) Basic camp instruction ends at 3:30 PM. Parents are advised to pickup their children between 3:30 and 4:00 PM.
- Child must provide their own lunch, water bottle, and sunscreen.
- Children are required to wear a Personal Floatation Device (PFD) at all times!
- Campers receive a T-shirt.
- Please join us for Parents Night on the Thursday afternoon of the week your camper attends.
- Please note our Friday Theme Days!